Once again, it’s FriYAY and you can bet I’m bloggin’ about it!I’m thinking about changing the title of this blog to “TGIF!” because it seems to be the only thing I write about these days…
Back in college, all those months (feels like days) ago, the beginning of December meant the start of one very excruciating time period known as “finals week”. I’m quickly learning that a very similar scenario happens when you’re in the business of managing and marketing a shopping center, only this time that hell-ish scenario (ok it’s really not that bad) is in full swing from Black Friday to Christmas Day. BUT I know I’m not the only one drowning in a sea of holiday madness as of late, so let’s all take another swig of coffee, and thank our lucky stars that we can always count on Friday to lighten and brighten the end of each week.
So hit snooze, skip the make-up routine, eat cake for breakfast, put sugar in your coffee, crank that Justin Bieber Christmas album…go crazy! Because it’s Friday, my friends, and you deserve it.
Here are a few things I think you might like to know about:
- Milk + Bookies. All you book-worms, cookie-lovers, teachers, mamas, and all around good people out there; listen up! This non-profit is helping kids learn, grow, imagine and explore through stories and books.
- I bought these
pajamadress pants on Black Friday and if I could shout about how comfy they are from the top of the Pru, I totally would. Instead, I’ll leave you with this link and let you know that they’re still on sale. And to whoever made this drawstring-waist, slouchy-leg thing a style, thank you.
- Brown paper packages tied up with string….and maps and stamps and ribbons and bows; 25 ways to wrap up those pretty little gifts, DIY style.
- Got 5 minutes? Use them on this TedTalk because this chick went on vacation with only 7 pairs of undies in her suitcase and still managed to look great everyday via thrift shops & flea markets. Got a few more minutes? Watch each video in the playlist, it’s cool.
- The folks at Anthropolgie are doing some pretty innovative things to alter and enhance the way we experience retail. A story to keep your eye on..
- UPDATE: @rosedoordesign created this BEAUTIFUL illustration of the cutest puppy on the planet and you all need to see it because I promise, if you haven’t yet smiled today, you will now.
That’s all I got for ya today. Anything for me? Let me know in the comments below!